Feeling Anxious or Stressed out?
Are you frequently anxious and easily overwhelmed? Are you constantly worried? Do you find it hard to switch off? Do you feel that you are losing control over your life?
Most of us need a bit of stress for success occasionally in order to perform some tasks such as studying for a test or public speaking. When the moment of stress is over we calm down and get on with our daily lives. However, if you find that you can’t calm down even when the stress for success moment is over you may find your quality of life affected.
What happens in the body to cause stress?
Your body has the amazing fight or flight mechanism built in to protect you from urgent danger. You’ll need this to get out of the way of a fast moving car or a growling dog or even play a good game of football. The fight or flight mechanism floods your body with cortisol which dissipates once the action is over. However, in our modern world of competing demands from work, family, social media and so forth, for many the cortisol levels simply stay high. This causes a heightened sense of anxiousness that doesn’t seem to go away no matter how many movies you watch on netflix or video games you play after work.
According to the World Heart Federation people who have stress and anxiety over long periods of time are more likely to develop heart disease.
Stress also has a significant impact on your immune system, blood pressure, diabetes, and other medical conditions.
Your relationships with family, coworkers and friends may also be affected by your stress.
How Hypnotherapy helps with stress and anxiety
- You’ll experience what it feels like to really relax and this peacefulness will stay with you for some time.
- Your subconscious mind will accept suggestions to create calmness in relation to situations which typically cause you stress.
- Stress triggers or experiences from the past will be explored and reframed so they are not producing current stress reactions in your body.
- You will learn techniques which you can use anytime you are confronted with something you perceive to be a stressor.
- You will be accessing your own internal resources and abilities to create calmness while changing any beliefs and behaviour patterns you feel no longer serve you.
Will I be able to relax enough to get into hypnosis?
Moving into hypnosis is an automatic and easy process. It is really just a deep state of relaxation. You are in a hypnotic state when you watch TV or listen to an interesting leader you admire. You also move through a hypnotic state as you go to sleep. We have many techniques to support you in relaxing into a peaceful hypnotic state including recordings you can take home and use whenever you want a little extra assistance to relax plus we’ll teach you some self-hypnosis techniques.
DISCLAIMER: Our services do not constitute medical care, psychotherapy or psychological advice. The results described on this site, including testimonials, represent the ideal outcome and might not be achieved by every client. Your results will depend on your motivation to change, responsiveness to hypnosis, past history and other factors.